FERRENSBY PARISH MEETING – www.ferrensby.com
7th May 2017
GENERAL TARLETON – 1800hrs
Chairman – Frank Farmer
Clerk / Treasurer – Kathy Haw
Attendees = 27 Apologies x 7
Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Introduced PCSO Phil Wright to the meeting. Phil offered his email address in case anyone needs to contact him email@example.com
Introduced Nick Duxbury our local councillor who also offered his email address firstname.lastname@example.org He outlined the work he is currently involved with. David Radcliffe asked when the culvert under B’Bridge Rd will be cleared. Clerk to check with highways and copy Nick into the email.
MINUTES, Clerk outlined the minutes from the previous meeting in November which were proposed by Pauline Ward and seconded by Jack Green.
FINANCES, Clerk gave the year-end financial position at £1,637.40.The parish has received the first half of the precept and to date have no invoices to pay. The annual return has been prepared and completed in line with instructions and presented to the meeting.
DEFIBRILLATOR, the parish has now adopted the phone box and wish to put a defibrillator in. An offer from the Charitable Trust at Eastwood to fund the purchase of this along with 4 speed radar units and 1000 daffodil bulbs for planting in the verges. 1) Ferrensby to accept the offer for a defibrillator and its’ installation in the phone box. 2) Ferrensby to seek further clarification regarding the purchase and long term maintenance and liabilities involved with any traffic calming measures.
NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH, Roger said information he gets is unhelpful. When checking on the police website there are details of local crimes that Roger doesn’t get. To speak with our new local PCSO to sort this out. We currently have 43 members of the neighbourhood watch. Anyone wishing to join should contact Roger who has the relevant form to complete.
COMMUNITY SPEED WATCH, Clerk has received details from the police of the scheme. Ferrensby now needs volunteers to step forward to be trained up so they can be deployed in the village. Anyone interested should contact the clerk email@example.com
- Orangery at Northcroft, no objections
- 3 storey link houses at the old garage site – objected to
- Detached garage Sunnydale – no objections
- Detached house Vintage Croft – objected to – David Radcliffe highlighted this has an agricultural tie to it, wished to work with the village and if preference was for bungalow instead of a house then happy for plans for that to be submitted.
RENAMING OF ARKENDALE ROAD, it will be known as Arkendale Rd from the junction with A6055 to the top of the lane for Poplars Farm. Clerk to contact Highways to confirm that a sign be placed at the junction of A6055 and also at the Poplars Farm lane end. The meeting confirmed it wish for Farnham Lane to be signed. Clerk to contact council to confirm this will be done.
GUN CLUB, further testing of noise levels by the council will recommence.
OLD GARAGE SITE, some concerns expressed over the deterioration of the site. Clerk to contact the council.
LIGHT POLLUTION AT EASTWOOD, this was covered along with the defibrillator discussions.
DRAINAGE FARNHAM LANE/ ARKENDALE ROAD, this was covered by Nick Duxbury earlier.
GRASS CUTTING, need volunteers to help with the grass cutting, Howard Dyson kindly offered to help.
Meeting closed at 19.15
Next meeting Oct 2017